- About Us
- Ramble Programme
- Running a Ramble
- Join Us
- Contact Us
- Members Only
- Elaine McNeil on Tramper for Sale
- Jim & Dorothy Mills on 2013 Ferry Meadows
- Jim & Dorothy Mills on 2013 Holkham Hall
- Jim & Dorothy Mills on 2013 Wells-Next-The-Sea
- stan beaumont on Tramper for Sale
- Shirley on Hand-bike riders summit Cadair Idris
- Jim & Dorothy Mills on 2013 Devil’s Dumble
- Jim & Dorothy Mills on 2013 Birches Valley
Beddgelert to Rhyd Ddu Path
21/02/2013 at 23:05 #2156
By the time we do the rambles in Beddgelert Forest and the one starting at Rhyd Ddu there should be a path joining the villages:
“Walkers, cyclists and horse riders who currently wish to travel from Beddgelert to Rhyd-Ddu have to follow an ad-hoc mix of paths and the busy, winding A4085.
If the work goes to schedule, the new purpose-built road-free route will be open by summer 2013. The northern end of the trail is the Snowdonia National Park’s Car Park in the village of Rhyd-Ddu. From here the route passes around Llyn y Gader, over the old causeway and through Parc y Gader, then on through Beddgelert Forest to the National Park’s Car Park in Beddgelert.
The 2m-wide, 7km trail will link sections of new public footpaths, sections of existing public footpaths which have been upgraded, and modified stretches of Forestry Commission track.”
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Please support our Scooter Loan Scheme