- About Us
- Ramble Programme
- Running a Ramble
- Join Us
- Contact Us
- Members Only
- Elaine McNeil on Tramper for Sale
- Jim & Dorothy Mills on 2013 Ferry Meadows
- Jim & Dorothy Mills on 2013 Holkham Hall
- Jim & Dorothy Mills on 2013 Wells-Next-The-Sea
- stan beaumont on Tramper for Sale
- Shirley on Hand-bike riders summit Cadair Idris
- Jim & Dorothy Mills on 2013 Devil’s Dumble
- Jim & Dorothy Mills on 2013 Birches Valley
Ramp, Hoist or Drive In
15/02/2013 at 15:50 #2110
Ramps can be heavy and cumbersome – buy two singles and then your stuck if you get a 3 wheeled scooter. One wide ramp fixed to the vehicle is usually the best solution.
Hoists – these have varying weight limits so you have to choose according to the weight of the scooter, you can loose a seat in the car whether the scooter is in or not.
Drive in – this is for me the most simple just difficult to find the right vehicle. Not too big but big enough to enable you to get off the scooter without being a contortionist. I have tried all 3 and this proves what is right today may not be the solution next year.
I suppose there is always the trailer option not something I could manage but it works for some and thank heavens for RH and the MSU.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Please support our Scooter Loan Scheme